Position Title: Admin/HR Officer
Activation Date: 04 July, 2021 Announced Date: 03 July, 2021 Expire Date: 18 July, 2021
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination:
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
Summary of the position:
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the NZDF and will be stationed in Bamyan province, he/she will be report from the Project office (Bamyan). based on need and decision of the project management and support department. He/she performs the day to day works in Provincial office and DMAC HQ to support the implementation of the project
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Human Resources
- Provision of a wide-range of HR services related to recruitment, leave and absence monitoring, performance management, tracking systems, reporting, payroll, administration, learning initiatives and separations.
- Receive recruitment requests and assist in conducting a preliminary review of Terms of References (TORs) and Vacancy Announcements (VAs) for job posting through ACBAR or other sources;
- Prepare matrices, review long-lists, coordinate and arrange logistical procedures for written tests and/or interviews and prepare minutes;
- Facilitate all recruitment-related documentation for proper contract management including mandatory certificates, medical and reference checks and other types of documents in compliance with audit requirements;
- Prepare and submit requests for awards and note to file extensions as part of the contract administration process and issue contracts and/or amendments as applicable;
- Assist in compiling data for reports related to performance evaluations, staffing tables and others, as required;
- Prepare and submit on a regular basis monthly batch payroll for Local staff members, as applicable, and process related entitlements such as Certification of Payment, DSA;
- Ensure a properly working filing system of local Personnel with respect to relevant documents, contracts, and payment files and follow through with a properly working archive system as required;
- Develop the HR plan for the entire NZDF project
- Facilitate closure of accounts and files in case of staff and personnel separations;
- Perform any other relevant task assigned by Head of Support.
- Provision of a wide-range of travel, booking and visa services for DMAC staff in compliance with Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions related to entitlement travel and official duty travel for NZDF/DMAC Contracted staff and complemented with accurate monitoring, tracking and reporting;
- Assist in all domestic and international bookings for air travels in coordination with vendor(s) for travel management services
- Validate and conduct an independent research on flight options/routes through the most direct and economical route according to the travel policy and find alternatives that would result to cost-savings for the Organization in terms of soliciting promotions and frequent-flyer rewards from air carriers and transport operators;
- Ensure that all related documentations and pre-requisites are complied with and checked against established policies and practices;
- Receive, check and process Travel Authorization (TA), booking request forms, Movement of Project Personnel (MOP), and other travel-related requirement and register each activity accordingly;
- In coordination with the traveler, check and verify document requirements including eligibility, DSA payments, travel claim reimbursements and security clearances, among others;
- Raise purchase orders for all travel-related activities and payments and facilitate monthly reconciliation of accounts with Finance Section;
- Closely liaise with staff other personnel on travel status concerning entitlements, routes, rebooking, cancellations and payments, among others;
- Under the direct supervision of head of administration department, he will write correspondence letters and/or any administration related letters in both local and English languages.
- Make sure compound is well managed and all facilities are properly working.
- Make sure all requests for service, goods and/or any work is raised in advance, budget availability is checked with donor/Finance and all the terms of request is fulfilled.
- Make sure the vehicles are always in good condition and regularly maintained.
- In coordination with the Head of Administration, ensuring all DMAC assets and equipment are operational, safeguarded and maintained.
- Develop and implement long and short-range maintenance plans and services of DMAC assets and equipment. Ensure that needed maintenance contracts are in place and executed to the best interest of DMAC. Schedule and oversee regular maintenance services including but not limited to Vehicles maintenance, generator maintenance, AC maintenance, electrical and plumbing system maintenance.
- Proactively identify possible problems and ensure these are being resolved.
- Ensure that all DMAC offices are sufficiently furnished. Ensures appropriate office furniture is allocated to staff and coordinates repairs as needed.
- Ensure Generators and Vehicles log books are properly maintained.
- Track Generator and Vehicles fuel consumption, maintain related Generator and Vehicles fuel logs and prepare analysis of fuel consumption. Request for Generator and Vehicles fuel replenishment.
- Asset Management
- Ensure full compliance of property, plant and equipment management with DMAC rules, regulations and policies including effective internal control.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of DMAC assets. Prepare annual reports and statements on DMAC assets.
- Assist in implementing a sound assets management in accordance with DMAC policy. Travel to all DMAC locations as necessary to ensure conduct stocktaking and audit on the correctness and accuracy of the DMAC assets inventory. Assist in organizing regular stocktaking exercises.
- Using DMAC computerized inventory management system analyzes stocks history data in order to maintain an efficient and reliable automated inventory-stock control system. Oversees the inventory records. Verify the accuracy of the data recorded/updated in the computerized database.
- Managing/reviewing assets including maintenance jobs, depreciation and disposal.
- Assist in preparation of the documents for submission to DMAC management for assets disposal.
- Assist in the implementation of the approved disposal methods. Implement the sale process of the assets in coordination with procurement unit. Coordinate with the store’s representatives, the disposal of assets as per the approved recommendation and under the afghan rule and regulations.
- Ensure that the accurate and auditable records in both hard (filling system) and electronic format are maintained for property control and accountability.
- Oversee the Warehouse operations and activities to be complaint with DMAC rules, regulations and policies including effective internal control.
- Perform any other relevant task assigned by DMAC senior management
2-6 Supply Chain Management
- Deal with all aspect of supply chain management including but not limited to planning, budgeting, requesting, acquisition, reception, issuing, tracking, reporting, and maintaining the stock transactions and disposal.
- Keep record of all supplies purchased in a proper and accountable manner.
- Make sure, enough stock is available and managed properly for easy access.
- Deal and liaison and follow of all related work/documents with government such as (MoEC, MoF, MoLSAMD and Directorate of Traffic) and/or their representative in the provincial level.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar discipline.
- Work Experience:
- At least having 4 years of working experience in the field of Administration and Human Resources.
While sending your resume/CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position title in the subject of your email. Application received after the closing date and without mentioning the vacancy number and position title in their email subject will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for the test and interview.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the following email addresses:
Female candidates and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply & preference will be given to Bamyan residence.