Position Title: Medical Doctor
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 20 October, 2021
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) is a Non-governmental, Non-political, Non-profitable and independent organization founded in 2010 by a group of community development and research specialist. The aim of the organization is to contribute to the development of Afghanistan as an integral part of the international community. It envisages accomplishing its aims by building local capacities, generating evidence in various disciplines, promoting evidence-based on best practices and implementing development projects aimed at community development at the grass root level. ORCD is a multi-donor funded NGO, implementing health, agriculture and community development projects in several provinces of the country.
ORCD would like to implement Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS/EPHS) System of SEHATMANDI in Kunar province funded by (MoPH/WB) for which it would like to seek qualified people.
- Act according to the policy of ORCD;
- Keep confidential with issue related to ORCD;
- The MD is reportable to Project Manager;
- Physical examination of the beneficiaries and history taking of the beneficiaries.
- Screening for Acute malnutrition of all sick children and record the measurement of identified SAM and MAM on treatment cards.
- Proper Prescription of medicine, Ready to Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF), Ready to Use Supplementary Food (RUSF) and other food.
- Briefing to beneficiaries on how to use the drugs, RUTF, RUSF, other food and when to return for follow up visit.
- Support the nutrition officer on the final decision to refer the complicated cases SAM/MAM or IMCI to the hospital
- Support the nutrition Officer on taking decision when to discharge the SAM/MAM cases from the program.
- Update drugs, RUTF, RUSF and other food consumptions;
- Developing annual and monthly plan with close coordination with relevant provincial DoPH.
- Reviewing and Mapping of villages and communities have poor access to nutrition services.
- Ensuring that all team members are properly carrying out their job in the field.
- Proper communication with community elders prior to visiting the village for service delivery.
- Coordination with health shuras regarding determination of the fixed place for conducting mobile services.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment (medicine, therapeutic food, and non-medical supply) are available.
- Develop mobile team schedule and submitting to the line manager/NGO/PPHD.
- Collect accurate nutrition information using HMIS standard formats
- Responsible for aggregating monthly reports of related sections of service delivery point according to HMIS standard formats and submit monthly reports to line manager/NGO/PPHD
- Any task assigned by supervisor.
- Be Afghan
- Graduated from recognized Medical Faculty.
- Having experience of Medical Doctor in NNGO or INGO for 2-3 years.
- Able to speak in Pashto, Dari and preferred to English.
- Able to work in the fast pace environment.
- Having 2-3 years’ experience in BPHS/EPHS.
- Able to go to the field
Qualified and interested afghan candidates should submit his cover letter and updated CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email must be (Medical Doctor, VA No: ORCD-54-2021).
Please don't attached heavy files & any other documents more than (1024 KB), otherwise your application will not be consider for shortlisting.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
You can also submit your hard CV and Application to the office by this address:
Human Resources Department
House # 2591, Street of Shams London Academy Girls School, Shaheed Square, Taimani Project Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel #: 0700031207