Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 20 October, 2021
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff
- Program/project design and learning
- With the support of the Senior MEAL officer, design, develop and continuously update project MEAL tools;
- Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Support the Senior MEAL Officer in implementation of reflective practice forums at field office/ project level and compile lessons from project implementation processes.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinate field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice and impact measurement;
- With the support of the Senior MEAL Officer, ensues the on-time execution of projects major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision.
- In collaboration with the Senior MEAL Officer and the MEAL Manager, provide technical assistance to staff on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping.
- With the support of the senior MEAL Officer, update MEAL plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance.
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data;
- Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues;
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices at IRC Afghanistan.
- Assist the Senior MEAL Officer to provide MEAL inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Information management and reporting
- Support the Senior MEAL Officer in establishing and maintaining project information management system.
Submit data set to update country office wide program database on monthly basis.
- Support the Senor MEAL officer to compile quarter, biannual and annual tabular and narrative reports (as required by project stakeholders) on projects’ accomplishments.
- Capacity building and supervision
- Organize orientation for field programme staff and volunteers on the monitoring tools and train them how to use data for decision making.
- Coach, mentor and supervise the Assistant MEAL Officer/s.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Perform other task related assignment proposed by his/her supervisor/s
- Degree in statistics, computer science/IT/or any sector or sub-sector related field;
- Excellent computer skills are required (particularly Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word);
- Experience in KoBoToolbox, Commcare, ODK is preferred.
- At least 3-year experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required;
- Ability to think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively;
- Experience in conducting assessment;
- Desirable - Working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be added advantage;
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English;
- Most importantly, commitment to IRC values and principles;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse background.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and remove from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline