Position Title: Administration Officer
Activation Date: 01 December, 2021 Announced Date: 01 December, 2021 Expire Date: 08 December, 2021
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Administration Officer reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Managers works for DRC operation budget and will ensure the existence of an effective and efficient support services in areas of administration. The Admin Officer will play a key role into liaising day to day activities of the Administration unit and will closely monitor the ongoing activities and follow up on pending issues. The Incumbent will closely work with the Administration Manager and will seek advise on Admin matters as and when required.
- Book flight tickets for DRC staff as per defined guidelines and approved MRF
- Arrange for flight tickets, hotel reservations and logistical support for DRC Staff and stakeholders inside and outside through contracted travel agents Afghanistan based on the approved MRF / Request & approval from the Head of the Department.
- Look after Office and Guest House management
- Assist in processing visa applications, through MoFA and MoLD and concerned Afghan Embassy/Consulate in Foreign Countries
- Assist in processing and obtaining work permit for National and Expat Staff
- Update the tracking sheet for the visa expiry of Expat Staff and ensure the renewal of the visas as and when required
- Support staff on Insurance services and guidelines, as well as attending their queries
- Assist / Coordinate with HM Manager in other matters related to Administration
- Liaison with different government bodies with regards to the projects registration, licenses, work permits and other authorizations / registrations in consultation with TL Admin required from time to time.
- Maintain the proper filing / record system for all the correspondence documents (Hard & Soft)
- Cooperate / assist with other Admin Staff on regular basis
- Provide training to other Admin Staff on travel Management and liaison with external authorities.
- Any other task as assigned by the Line Manager
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 4 years' experience in administration, in an international NGO in a similar role at mid-management level.
- Knowledge of travel and immigration procedures. Must have experience in handling humanitarian flight services.
- University degree education BBA, or any other Master’s degree in relevant discipline, or relevant experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Dari and/or Pashto
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) by clicking on the following link: