Position Title: Project Manager
Activation Date: 12 May, 2022 Announced Date: 12 May, 2022 Expire Date: 24 May, 2022
ASLO is an Afghan non-governmental, non-political, non-profit and non-partisan organization and has the status of legal entity. The organization was informally established in 2012 and was officially registered with the ministry of economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2013.
ASLO is Currently working in the Following sectors in Afghanistan:
• Humanitarian aid
• Agriculture and livestock.
• Wash and Sanitation
• Health& nutrition
• Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
• Rural development and social protection.
• Child protection
• Research and Survey project performance and evaluation, training and capacity development,
• Gender equality/equity.
• Food security
• Emergency response and supporting refugees and IDPs and returnees,
• Legal Aid and access to justice.
ASLO seeks an experienced Project Manager to lead the implementation and budget management of a health component in Kandahar province. In this capacity, he/ she will directly oversee the implementation, procurement planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the project’s activities across the targeted area. He/ she will manage the different values and be responsible for the submission of high-quality, on-time donor reports.
He/ she will be expected to travel regularly to the field, and support relationship with stakeholders. The successful candidate will have experience in both humanitarian and development programming. S/he must be able to deliver programming in remote areas.
- Frequently supervise project activities in the field, at least 30-40% of the time should be in project sites.
- Ensure quality of the project through regular field visits, technical follow-ups, and evaluations
- Ensure preparations and follow up of action plans within the project
- Analyze the project data and share analytical reports/recommendations with the General Director and Country Program Unit (CPU) on improving qualitative and implementation aspects of the project.
- In collaboration with the Kandahar-based Administration and Program Implementation departments, ensures the timely provision and supply of the materials to the project office and target areas.
- Advise and assist the Program Unit and HRM section in recruiting the project staff.
- In collaboration with the Field Administration Unit, ensure the project staffs receive on time logistics support in performing their daily action plans and field visits.
- Contribute to developing work plans, reports and budgets as required.
- Ensure delegation and shared information within the project unit and with other units of ASLO
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders at PO level, particularly with the Provincial relevant Directorates
- Ensure all payments, and procedures for biding and procurements are according to the ASLO approved manuals.
- Through the transfer of own knowledge and skills, enhances the ability of the project team.
- Identify training needs of project staff and give recommendations to HRM or EPU on the training of staff.
- Ensure that all Project staffs have appropriate skills, knowledge, and training to perform job functions.
- Coach and mentor project staff to ensure optimal results.
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality.
- Promote gender equality and human rights as well as non-discrimination attitudes with regard to ethnic, political, and religious background within his mandate of responsibilities.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of Project unit staff.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of the education activities according to the policy, strategy, work plan, budget, and other guidelines.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences organized by the ASLO management.
- Promote good coordination with other ASLO projects, all project teams, and other departments with regard to project planning, budgeting, and other related issues.
- Maintain good cooperative relations with the national and provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the projects and ASLO in general.
- Actively ensure community participation in projects.
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the ASLO
- Graduated from relevant Faculty of University,
- At least five years’ experience in a higher managerial position within a relevant field of an NGO or UN organization, preferably with health project management experience
- At least five years of working experience leading staff working with health-based development projects
- Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto, written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to deal with different rural communities with varied political/socio-economic and educational backgrounds
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical, and troubleshooting skill
- Solid knowledge of planning, budgeting, and report writing
- Familiar with design, evaluation, and monitoring of health projects
- Computer knowledge at an operational level, ASLO uses Ms Office standard software
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
- Send your CVs and Covering letter at HR.Manageraslo@gmail.com no later than 24-Mayl-2022
- Please mention vacancy number along with position title on the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates who meets the above mentioned requirements will be contacted