Position Title: Child Protection Officer (Female only) (Re Announced)
Activation Date: 23 June, 2022 Announced Date: 23 June, 2022 Expire Date: 30 June, 2022
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
(Standard text when role may be required to offer support in a humanitarian response situation) In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
• Supervision , monitoring and evaluation from project implementation
• To develop short-term implementation plans (weekly and monthly) and long -term plan according to annual project work plan and in coordination with appropriate stakeholders
• To work across sectors and departments to plan activity implementation, trainings and to support service mapping and referral pathways
• To design and implement orientation and trainings base on needs, and provide on the job trainings for staff, teachers on CP themes, including safe identification and referrals.
• Conduction of ongoing monitoring and assessment to address child protection cases
• Managing child protection cases considering all the case requirement, facilitating regular case conferences and supervision of staff
• Arranging training material and conducting workshops on CPiE concepts when requirement of the project
• Case management supervision considering case requirements as identified in case plans, facilitating regular case conferences and monitoring and coaching of staff.
• Conducting trainings on child rights issues, CPiE, PFA, positive discipline in everyday parenting, safe identification and referrals to the targeted beneficiaries.
• Facilitate ongoing monitoring and assessment of project activities to address child protection concerns and complaints received through the CFM.
• Establishing and maintaining good relationship with stakeholders and community and creating an environment that community feel empowered to participate and ownership over the project
• To collect valid activity data of the project on weekly and monthly basis to prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
• Identify key lessons learnt from project reviews and evaluations.
• Attend relevant inter-agency coordination meetings, workshops and conferences as required and assigned by Line Manager.
• Maintain and effective filing system for storing project documentation in accordance with standard procedures.
• Assisting M&E in conducting project survey and proper monitoring
• Participate in project evaluations, assessment and assist in the analyses of results to assess project impact, need and effective use of resources.
• Develop case studies of successes, challenges, and other project experiences to assist organizational learning;
• Report any child safeguarding concerns related to Save the Children Child Safeguarding focal point considering the SCI - Child Safeguarding Policy
• Compile and generate the training reports conducted in province in a timely manner.
• Any other tasks relate to child protection programs given by line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of child rights and MHPSS is an advantage.
- Should be able to work independently and be a strong team member, be patient, adaptable, flexible, and able to improvise and work in stressful atmosphere and respects Afghan culture.
- Experience of translating materials from English to Dari and Pashtu
- Experience in child participation and community participation
- Familiar with other computer program (Ms. Access, Photoshop etc)
• Able to travel in all villages and district
• Working experience in NGos
• At least 16 graduarte.
• Work well as part of a team
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.