Position Title: Economic Recovery Assistant (Cash for Work) Only Female (Re Announced)
Activation Date: 23 June, 2022 Announced Date: 23 June, 2022 Expire Date: 29 June, 2022
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
As part of economic recovery program intervention, DRC will implement small and large community infrastructures for the most vulnerable people under CFW modality. Therefore, economic recovery CFW assistant will be responsible to deliver high quality of specialized project activities related to community infrastructure projects, and will be a part of CFW project selection, beneficiary assessment, labors supervision, and qualitative implementation of CFW project based on DRC CFW SOPs and criteria with the consideration of donor requirements to achieve overall project objectives
- Support the Line Manager in liaising with community stakeholders about the implementation of cash for work infrastructures.
- Supervise a daily basis Cash for Work activities in the sites
- Update and collect daily basis attendance sheets
- Provide weekly report of the progress of the infrastructures
- Prepare timely payment requests for labors
- Ensure that cash for work tools and materials are properly distributed to the workers and stored at the end of the activities
- Facilitate awareness sessions on safety and security procedures on the workplace (at the beginning of each cash for work round)
- Conduct/lead field assessment for cash for work participants
- Ensure the target group for cash for work are registered, verified to comply with selection criteria and evaluation
- Prepare daily reports according to agreed timelines on activities undertaken during the Cash for Work activities including: challenges encountered and best practice methods
- Ensure regular coordination with all stakeholders at the community level
- Perform any other tasks assigned by line manager
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in relevant construction work
- Strong understanding of community context and having good knowledge of field works.
- Have skills on managing construction projects
- Have skills on labor supervision
- Able to travel districts and field.
- Good knowledge of stone masonry, pointing, casting concrete, shuttering and construction work on field level.
- Preferred BSc. Of public administration and relevant
- Minimum 12th graduated
- Pashto (Advanced)
- Dari (Fluent)
- English (fluent)
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.
DRC Job Application form link: https://www.acbar.org/Document/8060869251.docx
Note: Please attach the completed application form instead of CV along with your letter of motivation to the official DRC Job portal address mentioned in the job vacancy, Only DRC Job application form will be consider, please do not attached your CVs.
Applications close 28- Feb-2022.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply