Position Title: Vaccinator
Activation Date: 27 July, 2021 Announced Date: 27 July, 2021 Expire Date: 27 September, 2021
About Clinic Dewanbegi:
In addition to providing basic health services as well as diagnosis and treatment of advanced chronic diseases, Dewanbegi Clinic also provides necessary consultations to the patients for their awareness. These consultations are required for knowing the type of diseases, preventative measures, and the treatment of chronic diseases.
Departments: General internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetric-gynecological care, ultrasound, dental care, orthopedics, laboratory, pharmacy, nursing, vaccination, malnutrition, and psychological consultation.
The calibration of patients are also digitally recorded on computers by using a certain database to save the patient's records. The clients are registered at the reception section by two female workers and then referred to the relevant departments.
Provides comprehensive professional public health nursing services for individuals, families, and community groups in compliance with Dewanbegi clinic policies and procedures, professional standards, and program protocols. Promotes the maintenance of health by providing nursing services and employing appropriate preventive treatment and rehabilitative measures.
The position is typically performed by fully functioning incumbents with preference given to candidates with 12 months of experience in public health care or related clinical work. New graduate nurses are welcome to apply. The chosen candidate will routinely exercise professional judgment, and perform work independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Provides comprehensive public health nursing services for individuals, families, and the community in Immunizations and Disease Control programs.
- Promotes the maintenance of health through teaching and counseling, conducting needs assessment and case management, providing direct client care and/or resource coordination, and employing appropriate preventive treatment and health maintenance measures.
- Formulates and implements plans for nursing and general health care for individuals and families based upon an evaluation of needs and a focus on meeting mutually accepted health goals and objectives.
- Delivers nursing services through clinics, home visits, case management, and community outreach programs. Assists clients in finding resources to meet needs and makes referrals for services as appropriate.
Additional Requirement: May participate in student educational programs by providing demonstration, hands-on training, work review, and evaluation, and providing feedback to instructors and students. Participates in the orientation of new staff members. Performs related work as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience: Requires a certificate of Expand Program of Immunization (EPI). New graduates are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to candidates with applicable experience. Some assignments require the completion of an organized education program in a specific clinical or program area.
· Principles, practices, and objectives of professional and public health nursing.
· Scope and application of the pertinent protocol, policy, and procedure.
· Inter-professional relationships utilized in program implementation.
· Apply consistently and appropriately the principles, techniques, and practices as they relate to nursing in a community public health program.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
· Provide professional and sensitive customer service to clients and the public of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Assess client needs and recommends treatment and services as appropriate.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to exchange/present information/instruction to staff, clients, and the general public.
· Exercise independent judgment in making decisions and resolving problems and issues impacting the health and welfare of clients and the general public.
EQUIPMENT USED: Physical assessment and medical equipment including, but not limited to, blood pressure cuff, weight scales, stethoscope, thermometer, syringes/vaccines, bloodborne pathogen kit, lab specimen kits, and oxygen tanks.
Standard office equipment including, but is not limited to, personal computer and associated hardware and software, registration of patient in Electronic Medical Record (EMR), telephone, copier, and calculator.
Working Condition and Physical Requirements:
Work is primarily conducted indoors with occasional travel to other locations or outside agencies to provide program services or attend meetings.
Continuously works closely with co-workers and clients, and occasionally works alone.
Frequently exposed to air/blood borne pathogens as a result of continuous contact with the public and children.
May experience the occasional threat of direct or indirect violence/conflict by angry or unstable clients or family members and work may involve occasional stress associated with angry clients, language, or cultural variances.
The following information and documents are required:
1. National ID card
2. School Certificate
3. Certificate of EPI
5. Letter of guarantee
You can send the above-mentioned documents to the following email address and submit a hard copy of your documents to the office in bellow address.
Phone Number: 0202563050/ 0202563051/ 0786188686
Address: Dewanbegi, 4th Street (Clinic), 5th District, Kabul, Afghanistan