Position Title: WASH Technical Assistant
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 22 September, 2021
About OCHR (Organization for Coordination of Humanitarian Relief):
OCHR is a national non-governmental organization established in Afghanistan in 2015 to play a vital role in humanitarian and development settings, and to contribute towards the peace building in the country where the people can live in amity and harmony.
In humanitarian situations emerging as result of conflict or natural disasters, natural, the response encompasses the provision of tools and resources i.e. to reduces the suffering and increase self-sufficiency.
Our approach includes sustainable development, focusing on ultra-poor communities of Afghanistan. The endeavors focus on social and economic development of the people dwelling in remotes parts of the country.
Through peacebuilding efforts, we envision Afghanistan a socially inclusive society where peace and prosperity remains a fate for every individual living in this territory. Promote the social cohesion, curtailing extremism in all forms, inclusiveness of peace processes where children, women and marginalized groups have a voice.
- The WASH Technical Assistants will be responsible for supporting the WASH Officers in overseeing the various WASH activity components.
- Support WASH officer in water supply design, estimation and BOQ.
- Be familiar with urban plus rural water supply norms and standards.
- Support in supervision of activities of contractors on constructions sites (pressure line, distribution network, bore wells, solar pumping station, reservoirs and other hydro-technical structures).
- Support WASH officer in producing engineering studies and cost estimates for option analysis.
- Support detailed designs, calculations, specifications, bills of quantities and drawings for contract work packages of water supply projects.
- Support in supervision and assure quality of the work being implemented.
- Submit work to head of unit for approval.
- Supervise the contractors to ensure all work as performed in accordance with the plans, specifications and agreement.
- Monitor construction activities for safe work practices.
- Performed other duties as are assigned.
- University degree in Civil or Hydraulic Engineering and/or relevant certification in construction engineering.
- 2 years’ overall design and construction experience for infrastructure/Water Supply projects with preferably 6 months in NGO’s sector
- Excellent communication, cooperation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use computers and have knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD
- Structured, well organized and self-driven
- Culture and conflict sensitive
In order to apply for the announced vacancies, please send your CVs to the email address given below by the closing dates mentioned and as applicable.
Once your CV is and Application form is received, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted, followed by written test and interview.
The subject line must read WASH Technical Assistance- AdminHR/05/2021
Non-compliance with the submission guidelines may lead to the rejection of your application for the position you have applied.
House 41, Street No. 3 Adjacent to Dawat University District 05, Kabul-Afghanistan