Position Title: Nutrition Officer
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 20 October, 2021
Organization for Research & Community Development (ORCD) is a Non-governmental, Non-political, Non-profitable and independent organization founded in 2010 by a group of community development and research specialist. The aim of the organization is to contribute to the development of Afghanistan as an integral part of the international community. It envisages accomplishing its aims by building local capacities, generating evidence in various disciplines, promoting evidence-based on best practices and implementing development projects aimed at community development at the grass root level. ORCD is a multi-donor funded NGO, implementing health, agriculture and community development projects in several provinces of the country.
ORCD would like to implement Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS/EPHS) System of SEHATMANDI in Kunar province funded by (MoPH/WB) for which it would like to seek qualified people.
- Act according to the policy of ORCD;
- Keep confidential with issue related to ORCD;
- The CM is reportable to Project Manager;
- Proper Screening/Anthropometric measurement (height, MUAC, weight, age) of under 5 year old children;
- Recording of Anthropometric measurement/Growth monitoring register;
- Conduct appetite test and observation of Appetite test for SAM and MAM children
- Regular distribution of RUTF/RUSF to identified children with acute malnutrition /(SAM and MAM) and follows up of expenses based on MD/Nurse advice;
- Stock Management;
- Take care of mobile team equipment’s ( Measuring board, Scale , Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) tapes & wooden plate for Scale);
- Filling of Outpatient (OPD)-SAM/MAM/IMCI register books;
- Update stock cards of RUTF, RUSF and other Supplementary food consumptions;
- Regular update of files (OPD-SAM/MAM treatment Cards, referral sheets from community & follow up cards);
- Regular submission of food distribution report on daily, Weekly and monthly basis;
- Growth monitoring of U2 year children and using relevant tools for measuring 14;
- Optimal IYCF and maternal nutrition counselling of all caregivers and nutrition education sessions;
- Planning, organizing and giving Nutrition education to caregivers of children receiving nutrition services;
- Giving IYCF specific counseling to U2 children's' mothers;
- Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children;
- Meeting with community elders for community awareness and sensitization;
- Conducting food demonstration sessions in community;
- Giving specific counseling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life;
- Counseling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food;
- Any task given by the Project Manager;
- Be Afghan
- Graduated from recognized Medical Faculty.
- Having experience of Nutrition officer in NNGO or INGO for 2-3 years.
- Having computer skill, ms office word, excel and power point.
- Able to speak in Pashto, Dari and English.
- Able to work in the fast pace environment.
- Having 2-3 years’ experience in BPHS/EPHS.
- Able to go to the field.
Qualified and interested afghan candidates should submit his cover letter and updated CV to the following email address: email@example.com
The subject line of the email must be (Nutrition Officer, VA No: ORCD-057-2021).
Please don't attached heavy files & any other documents more than (1024 KB), otherwise your application will not be consider for shortlisting.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
You can also submit your hard CV and Application to the office by this address:
Human Resources Department
House # 2591, Street of Shams London Academy Girls School, Shaheed Square, Taimani Project Kabul, Afghanistan
Tel #: 0700031207