Position Title: WASH Technical Assistant
Activation Date: 02 December, 2021 Announced Date: 02 December, 2021 Expire Date: 14 December, 2021
About Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
Responsibilities and particular assignmentsمسؤلیت ها و وظایف مشخص
Main purpose of the job is to regularly supervise technically the on-going WASH rehabilitation activities in close coordination with contractors, skilled labors, WMC/project committees and beneficiaries
Objective 1هدف اول :
- Activities/Main dutiesفعالیت ها/ وظایف عمده: Provide support to mobilization team in identification, verification and final selection of beneficiaries for site selection of hard component of the project as per Detailed Implementation Plan of the project and project strategy
- Regularly conduct field visits along with mobilization unit during beneficiaries selection process as per work plan of the project
- Prepare documentation of the beneficiaries identification, verification and finalization (as required)
- Support community in technically feasible site selection for WASH rehabilitation activities of the project during the beneficiary selection process or as per DIP of the project
Objective 2هدف دوم:
- Activities/Main dutiesفعالیت ها/ وظایف عمده: To technically supervise the WASH rehabilitation activities of the project that they are adhered with project approved design, standards and as per approved implementation strategy of the project during the project tenure
- Conduct daily/regular field visits of the project area during the course of the project
- Provide layouts for WASH rehabilitation activities like water tank, water collection chamber, pressure break tank etc. as per approved design and drawings of the project and also support/guide labours for execution of task as per requirements
- Maintain the dimensions of project outputs like water collecting chamber, pressure break tank, water points, water tanks etc. as per approved design and drawings
- Maintain quality of construction works and different ratios as per approved design like Cement Sand Mortar (CSM), PCC and RCC etc. as per BOQs of the specific activity of the project
- Closely coordinate with beneficiaries, community activists and village committee for smooth implementation of the project activities
Objective 3هدف سوم :
Activities/Main dutiesفعالیت ها/ وظایف عمده: To provide technical support to skilled labours, community activists and/or beneficiary households of the project during the project tenure
- Orient skilled/unskilled labour/community activists on project’s rehabilitation activities as per approved design and provide simplest and easily understandable drawings or sketches to labours such that they are able to execute the activities even in the absence of organization staff
- Guide skilled labours/beneficiaries and maintain the adherence of cross cutting parameters like structural DRR, Environmental and protection as per project’s approved design
- Guide WMC/project committees/community activists/beneficiaries regarding the quality check of supplies so as to avoid inconvenience regarding quality for supplies received in the absence of organization staff
Objective 4هدف چهارم
Activities/Main dutiesفعالیت ها/ وظایف عمده: To maintain the quality and quantity of project’s materials supply during the course of the project
- Check that supplies are of the same quality as per approved sample and provide GRN against received goods(if applicable)
- Reject any sub graded materials with proper record keeping and timely report such issue to the line manager
- Maintain and sign GRNs with percentage of quality check and give remarks for supply on regular bases
- Check and maintain quantity of supplies are matching the quantity shown in way bill
- Maintain or Support warehouse/logistic assistant in maintaining GDN against the materials issuance to beneficiaries (if applicable)
Objective 5هدف پنجم
Activities/Main dutiesفعالیت ها/ وظایف عمده: Take necessary steps for timely completion of assigned project target during the course of the project
- Submit bifurcated work plans to the line manager for the assigned targets of project activities
- Submit progress reports to the manager on daily/weekly/monthly bases (which ever applicable)
- Report variances in progress on need bases along with reasons to the line manager
- Closely coordinate with community activists, WMCs and beneficiary households for smooth implementation of the project
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
- At least 2 years of experiences in WASH services especially in the Water supply Schemes in UN or I/NGOs.
- Civil engineering degree or other relevant degree.
- Strong knowledge/familiarity of the project area
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites in order to follow up of work
- Must have computer literacy specially MS offices
- Possess good communication skills
- Must be gender sensitized and keep respect for the local norms
- Fluent in local language such as Pashto and Dari, also at least basic understanding of English
- Must have key knowledge of DRR, Sphere Standards and field method of materials quality check
- Possess problem solving skills and adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: email@example.com
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.