Position Title: Project Officer
Activation Date: 02 December, 2021 Announced Date: 02 December, 2021 Expire Date: 08 December, 2021
About Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation:
Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation, providing assistance and protection to vulnerable population worldwide. Tdh has been working in Afghanistan since 1995 and carry out projects related to Child Protection, Access to Justice, Mother and Child Health and Livelihood Programs in Kabul, Herat, Takhar & Nangarhar provinces
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager ( East ), and Child protection Manager at Kabul , the Project Officer for Nangarha is in charge of the overall implementation of the project components in ( Nangarhar province ), The Project Officer based in Jalalabad provides technical inputs / support to projects' staff in close collaboration with regional manager, project managers, and operational teams.).
Design intervention and activities programmes and coordinate their implementation with the line manager, Develop a regional dynamic both within Tdh (links between Tdh projects and delegations in his/her field) and externally (regional partnership, working in a network, centres of expertise and working groups, etc.).
The project officer will be responsible for his team security, He/she has to make sure the districts the team visits are safe as well as the routes are prior checked with security links in the areas, the team should be time to time breifed about security measures taken into consideration.
Weekly and monthly action plan developed for the operational staff and the project officer himself/herself,
Weekly and monthly activities’ report is developed and shared with the line manager on timely manner and Regual visits to the working districts with the teams identify the strenglth and weaknesses to support and look for the success story of the intervention.
Coordinate with the provincial governmental authorities ( DoEc , Governor house, Line deparments , district administration etc ) for project registeration, reports and confirmation letter etc.To help reduce the morbidity and mortality rates for mothers and new-born babies by visiting mothers and babies in their homes, making accurate assessments of risk factors, and referring to the maternity hospitals and MCH clinics as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, check and analyse the midwives’ , doctors’ , urses’ and social workers activities, offering professional support as required
- Train the staff and provide follow-up for continuous education sessions
- Follow- up of specifics issues related Health and safe motherhood, etc
- Analysis of project findings, including the mortality rate among programme clients, and take such steps as necessary to report findings and to reduce the mortality rate.
- Participate in training sessions and meetings according to the Project Coordinator’s requirements
- Representing the organisation with government clinics and other services, UNICEF and the DoPH – in consultation with Project Manager (s) and Coordinator
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection to ensure data analysis of the project
- Reporting writing as required by line manager (s)
- Identify and report immediately about problems that may jeopardize the programme goals
- Other duties that may be required
- Serves as a positive role model for the organisation
- To be able to monitor and supervise the child protection unit specially girls activities in the region and provide feedback to the Child Protection Unit
- Protection:Use observation skills to detect any behavioral changes or specific vulnerability in children that may be reason for concern and share these observations with immediate supervisor and social workers team at joint weekly staff meetings to determine appropriate responses.
- Insure that all child protection related activities are in line with child protection minimum relevant standards, and enhance program / activities based on CPMS .
Safeguarding Policy ( Global Code of Conduct)
- Global Code of Conduct ( GCC ) Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Policy on the Protection from sexual exploitation and Abuse ( PSEA ) , Directive on staff misconduct at workplace and GBV, Operational Risk Management:Undertake to adhere to the Terre des hommes safeguarding policy and the principles connected to children's rights
- Undertake to ensure the best possible practical implementation of the safeguarding policy (Global Code of conduct ) and the management of operational risks in his/her area of intervention and within his/her team.
- Make sure all volunteers , visitors sign / understand Tdh Clobal code of conduct at a glance and my commitment to child safeguarding.
Safety & Secuirty
- Conduct field visits with the consent of line manager who check the security of the area prior.
- Reprot instantly if you observe any security threat , heard any report any suspecion , rumors about the saftedy of the staff and its beneficiaries
- Strictly follow Tdh secuirty policy and regional security plan.
- Ensure and facilitate prompt sharing of information and action on all events relating to security issues
- University degree holder, preferably in project management & Health sector
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current evidence-based obstetric care and internationally agreed global strategies and interventions for the reduction of maternal mortality and how to operationalize these.
- Experience in applying Behavior Change Communication models.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English, including representation, liaison and negotiation skills in ( Pashto and Dari).
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets and budgeting).
To apply, please click on bellow link: