Position Title: Vaccinator
Activation Date: 19 September, 2023 Announced Date: 19 September, 2023 Expire Date: 29 September, 2023
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
The WVI-FCDO (DAWAM) project seeks to contribute to decreased morbidity and mortality in women and girls including PLWD in three provinces of Afghanistan. DAWAM will affect medium term change in communities in marginalized and hard to reach areas by providing equitable, inclusive and safe access to health and nutrition services for high-risk groups. This will encompass providing lifesaving health and nutrition services for populations not covered by BPHS, engaging diverse actors to deliver integrated malnutrition treatment in communities and health facilities; gender and disability inclusive WASH facilities in health centres; and access to wash services for marginalised and hard-to-reach-communities.
The position holder implements routine immunization services as part of the targeted health facility and this is a full-time, grant-funded Vaccinator for FCDO project position based in designated districts in respective provinces. Manage cold chain system according to UNICEF protocols and conducting vaccination activities according to national immunization standards.
- Assist on doing the clients triage
- Responsible to provide IEC for the clients.
- Manage cold chain system according to UNICEF protocols.
- Conducting vaccination activities according to national immunization standards
- Determines appropriate vaccine type and dose volume appropriate for each client.
- Prepares site and administers oral, IM or IC vaccine per standard protocol.
- Disposes of sharps in appropriate receptacle.
- Documents vaccination on record and immunization card.
- As vaccine preparer, will pre-fill syringes a few at a time, follow a strict protocol for labeling and handling prefilled syringes and keep supplies stocked.
- Recognize, respond to, and alert emergency medical personnel of possible post vaccination reactions.
- Responsible for entering vaccine lot numbers and other required information onto patient’s Immunization Card.
- Counsel and educate patients, the family, and community about immunization and in relevant areas of health
- Participate in EPI mass campaigns
- Supervise the volunteer’s activities at district level.
- Prepare inventory list on need base.
- Actively participation in community based program
- Assist in dispensing medicine and other supplies to patients when it is required
- Ensure the patients understand how to properly use the prescribed medicines
- Preparing requests for medicine and other nutrition supplies on weekly and timely basis.
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports of medicine and nutrition supplies consumption meeting the deadlines
- Provide and support immunization services in the community for target groups
- To ensure accurate registration and reporting of activities.
- Responsible to know the update national guides regarding the EPI program.
- Storage and look after vaccines and other EPI instrument in his area.
- Proper running of his area cold chain.
- Prepare and maintain the activity time table of the immunization activities.
- Arrange vaccination session according to the time table
- Health education session and pass health messages regarding EPI.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (FCDO/DAWAM Project) interventions.
Knowledge & Qualificaiton for this Role
Required Professional Experience
- At least one year working in clinic or MHNT as vaccinator.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Having certificate of initial immunization training or equivalent is mandatory.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Health related short training certificate will be preferred
- Ability on the triage methods
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Languages empowerment (Dari – Pashto)
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
This is 100% designated field job in respective districts assigned later on.
Healthy / Normal
Knowledge of Dari language is essential and Pashto Language is preferred.
The application closing date is 29-Sep-2023. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1564) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
.را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1564) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
For those who may distribute our announcement on other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from the ACBAR job site and share it with your posts. No translation to the local language or editing of the vacancy is permitted.
Note: only for Badghis local eligible candidates.