Position Title: BDS Counselor
Activation Date: 19 September, 2023 Announced Date: 19 September, 2023 Expire Date: 26 September, 2023
About Youth Health and Development Organization (YHDO):
YHDO is a non-governmental and non-for-profit organization established in 2009, registered with ministry of economy in Afghanistan. YHDO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based interventions
Overall Responsibility: The Business Development Service Counselor will be responsible for providing training on job placement, job development, education and counseling on employability skills, access to employment, providing computer education such as CV preparation, interview skills, etc.
- Review, refine and develop training modules on BDS support and counseling.
- Prepare BDS support and counseling lesson plan.
- Conduct assessment of adolescents and youth applying for BSD services
- Conduct BDS training for adolescents and youths on different topics such as CV preparation, interview preparation skills etc.
- Provide education and counseling on employability skills to adolescents and youths.
- Mapping of service providers working in vocational training and referral of adolescents and youths meeting the criteria for their possible further advanced training, future collaboration, etc
- Conduct a market assessment in project location/operational areas for potential employment of graduate trainees.
- Develop, and maintain an updated Excel database (soft copy) of all enrolled youths for job placement.
- Record monthly results and report back to the MYC Coordinator/ Project Manager
- Ensure proper filling of attendance sheets, business plans etc.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (e.g., TVET, Education, Business Administration, Economics)
- Additional qualification or certification in TVET, BDS, Business Plan Development, promotion of employment or another relevant field is highly desirable.
Required Experiences, Skills, and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in BDS and TVET
- Capacity to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong VT business development and marketing skills
- Excellent computer, MS office skills
Please indicate the Position Title, province name and Vacancy Number in subject of your email and application, otherwise your application will not be considered
Please send your CV and application to : firstname.lastname@example.org