Position Title: Midwife
Activation Date: 19 September, 2023 Announced Date: 19 September, 2023 Expire Date: 29 September, 2023
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
The WVI-FCDO (DAWAM) project seeks to contribute to decreased morbidity and mortality in women and girls including PLWD in three provinces of Afghanistan. DAWAM will affect medium term change in communities in marginalized and hard to reach areas by providing equitable, inclusive and safe access to health and nutrition services for high-risk groups. This will encompass providing lifesaving health and nutrition services for populations not covered by BPHS, engaging diverse actors to deliver integrated malnutrition treatment in communities and health facilities; gender and disability inclusive WASH facilities in health centres; and access to wash services for marginalised and hard-to-reach-communities.
This is a full-time, grant-funded midwife for FCDO (DAWAM) project, based in Herat/Ghor and Badghis province. And provide maternal and newborn care services to all targeted population. The midwife is responsible for provision of ANC, PNC, Delivery, Newbern care, Psychosocial consoling and family planning to women in child bearing ages in the project targeted locations.
- Provide RMNCH services based on MISP
- Provide psychosocial counselling for women in childbearing ages and improve inter team referral.
- Provide basic new-born care including neonatal resuscitation, thermal care, skin-to-skin contact, eye care.
- Distribute clean delivery kit for pregnant mother and Dignity MISP kit for women at reproductive age
- Provide normal delivery services for pregnant women in the need of cases
- Identify danger sign and complications including Ante –Partum haemorrhage, Post-Partum Haemorrhage, Pre-Eclampsia/Eclampsia, Anaemia, and puerperal infections and refer to higher level.
- Provide health services for GBV cases
- Provide proper health timing and spacing in pregnancy services based on MHNTE package
- Ensure all mothers are screened with malnutrition and identified cases should be given proper counselling
- Ensure that pregnant women receive adequate daily Iron and folic acid tablets
- Having the contact list update for all referral points
- In consultation with doctor of MHNT, refer the case to advances counsellor, GBV-Psychosocial Counsellors at Family Protection Centres (FPC) and medical doctor for drug users (detoxification).
- Promote consumption of iodized salt.
- Give health education on reproductive health issues and information on IYCF for pregnant and lactating women.
- Keep proper record of all the activities done and prepare weekly/monthly reports
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (FCDO/DAWAM project) interventions.
Kowledge & Qualification for This Role
Required Professional Experience
- At least one year working in clinic or MHNT as Midwife
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Graduated from midwifery program.
- Very good communication with staff & clients.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least one year working in MCH clinic as midwife
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability on the triage methods
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Languages empowerment (Dari – Pashto)
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
This is 100% designated field job (Provision of primary health care services in composition of Health facilities in the targeted provinces
Healthy / Normal
Knowledge of Dari language is essential and Pashto Language is preferred.
The application closing date is 29-Sep-2023. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by emailing: email@example.com
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1567) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
.را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1567) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
For those who may distribute our announcement on other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from the ACBAR job site and share it with your posts. No translation to the local language or editing of the vacancy is permitted.
Note: only for Badghis local eligible candidates.