Position Title: WASH Technical Assistant (Male-Female)-Re-Announcement
Activation Date: 31 May, 2021 Announced Date: 31 May, 2021 Expire Date: 13 June, 2021
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee.
We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialize in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people's rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies. Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council. Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
NRC Afghanistan established operations in 2003, and currently maintains five area offices in Balkh, Hirat, Kabul, Kandahar, and Nangarhar, as well as field offices in hard-to-reach, displacement-affected provinces: Badghis, Faryab, Khost, Kunar, Kunduz, Nimroz, Sar-e Pul, and Uruzgan. NRC employs over 1,400 staff in Afghanistan, and works through direct implementation of programmes, to provide both emergency response and durable solutions for internally displaced Afghans, as well as returning Afghan refugees, and Waziristan refugees in southeastern Afghanistan.
The purpose of the WASH technical assistant position is to liaise and work closely with WASH department in implementing the WASH projects. The Technical assistant is expected to be able to deliver hygiene promotion trainings as well as attending in various type of distributions. It is also noteworthy that the incumbent is expected to have sound Engineering knowledge and be able to operate surveying tools and equipment such as tablets, GPS, Level, Transit, Theodolites and etc.
As a part of WASH Technical Assistant’s responsibilities she will be asked to monitor construction activities such as construction of Septic Tanks, Latrines, Menstruation Hygiene rooms and etc.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the CC portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Have full understanding of all programs’ goals, objectives, implementation plan and expected result / output.
- Participate in NRC staff and seminars and training, when scheduled
- Operate field equipment.
- Work closely with all WASH projects stakeholders.
- Keeping on track recording of training data and program documents.
- Coordinate closely her activities with WASH officer
- Assist her direct supervisor/PM on planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring of projects.
- Be willing to travel throughout the districts and other provinces, this is primarily a field position and will require physical activity in a range of demanding natural environments and conditions.
- Any others tasks assigned by supervisors or WASH officer
- 1 to 3 years’ experience from working as a Technical Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English language
- Bachelor Degree in one of Engineering majors.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience in working in insecure/conflict environments.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Computer skills.
- Work confidently within a group.
We can offer:
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
How to Apply:
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the NRC people site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2021-049) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: Mohammadsamim.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested qualified candidates can also submit their hard copy CVs with a Cover Letter stating the position title (VA-2021-049) number; to below addresses:
NRC Badghis Office Address: Dist. #2, Dahan Baqak, in front of Sarai-e-Soheil.