Position Title: Health Field Officer
Activation Date: 15 July, 2021 Announced Date: 15 July, 2021 Expire Date: 29 July, 2021
About The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC):
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. Its exclusive humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavours to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
- Implements health programmes within his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/ expertise.
- Assists the Health Delegate, Mental Health and Psychosocial Delegate or Health Coordinator or Health Project Manager in designing operational strategies and planning the health programme(s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the population.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmes. Represents the ICRC vis-à-vis national authorities.
Minimum required knowledge and experience :
- Degree in medicine or nursing.
- Qualifications in public health or health management a strong asset.
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working language as well as French and/or English.
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience (including 2 years of clinical experience) with minimum 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Good connections with local health authorities or groups of interest for the ICRC.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Licence to practice in country of residence.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications by email to Afc_hr_services@icrc.org or their CVs and motivation letter in a sealed envelope to the ICRC Office in Khost, Azadi Mena, Proje Bagh.
Clearly indicate vacancy number (HFO2072021-AFC) in the email subject line, CVs not mentioning the vacancy number in subject line, may not be considered
Persons with physical disabilities are also encouraged to apply