Position Title: Master Trainer
Activation Date: 27 July, 2021 Announced Date: 27 July, 2021 Expire Date: 03 August, 2021
About Youth Health and Development Organization (YHDO):
YHDO is a non-governmental and non-for-profit organization established in 2009, registered with ministry of economy in Afghanistan. YHDO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based interventions.
In 2020, ASP conducted research to facilitate the development and availability of safe, inclusive, competent and survivor-centred healthcare services and response mechanisms for all survivors of sexual violence, including boys and men, in three provinces of Afghanistan.
ASP’s study, which sampled male survivors, healthcare providers and community health workers, shows that male survivors of sexual violence face a complex intersection of barriers accessing quality healthcare services. Relatively limited guidance exists in gender-based violence (GBV) global guidelines and practice, particularly in humanitarian settings, for a rights-based and survivor centred approach to supporting this group. This project will help to improve the systems of responses which currently do not adequately address the needs of men and boy survivors including those with diverse SOGIE.
The overall objective of the project is to test, revise, finalise and roll -out a tool for healthcare providers to enable enhanced provision of services for male survivors of sexual violence in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health in Afghanistan. The project aims to work towards the integration of these tools as an annex to the first ever launched GBV Treatment Protocol which was launched by WHO in Afghanistan in 2014. The GBV protocol and training modules are integrated into existing medical courses, and information materials (e.g. IEC materials, protocol and clinical handbook) which are distributed to health facilities. Integration of existing tools into the GBV Treatment Protocol during the revision of these protocols in 2021-22 is targeted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In 2021, work on the project will focus on advocacy with the Ministry of Public Health, and harnessing support for the project through consultations with Ministry of Public Health and other stakeholders on the content of the tool, refinement of the tool and the piloting of tool in a select number of provinces with healthcare providers.
The Master Trainer will work under the overall supervision and direction of the project manager and will be responsible for facilitating and conducting related trainings in project in Afghanistan to ensure that it complies with project objectives.
To support this goal, the Master Trainer will conduct training for health care providers in Kabul, Kandahar and Balkh provinces. The Master Trainer will bear the ultimate responsibility for all relevant trainings of the project.
- Develop a detailed training plan (monthly and quarterly)
- Manage training schedules, attendance sheets, pre and post training forms, course evaluation and certificates.
- Travel within provinces and organize and conduct training workshops for healthcare providers and health managers on the treatment guidelines for male survivors of GBV
- Provide on-the-job mentoring, training and support to healthcare providers in health facilities
- Under direction of the project manager, assist provincial focal points to support equipping health facilities with supplies specified by YHDO
- Provide updates and report of the training to the project manager after conducting each training.
- Carry out training follow up, prepare and conduct refresher trainings
- University degree in health-related field, preferred Medical Doctors.
- Having at least 5 years of experience in relevant field and familiar with GBV treatment protocol, desirable.
- Strong understanding of issues of GBV, violence against women, gender equality.
- Demonstrable experience in capacity building as a trainer, familiar with GBV treatment protocol.
- Experience in organizing and conducting training workshops
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good knowledge of adult learning methods and different training techniques
- Ability to show initiative, manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Proven skills in effective team work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dari/Pashto and English
- Good computer skills, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be able to travel to the target provinces
Please indicate the Position Title and Vacancy Number in subject of your email and application, otherwise your application will not be considered
Please send your CV and application to : email@example.com