Position Title: Logistic Assistant
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 23 October, 2021
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
Logistic Assistant implements and maintains save the children procurement policy and SCI Afghanistan internal logistic procedures with records kept for a full audit trail standard under both save the children and donor regulations. The logistic assistant must ensure the supplies, are managed in SCI best interest, that money is not wasted, that equipment/Supplies are maintained with Transparency and the logistics team in Kabul.
- Ensure that related procurement reports are properly updated and centralized in line with SCI procedures
- Process all PR received from Kabul and the provinces and update procurement tracker accordingly
- Make sure that all PRs received according to SCI Afghanistan procurement procedures;
- Work with information coordinator to prioritize and monitor the daily progression of all PRs and IAFs on a daily basis;
- Review the documents before entering / updating data in procurement tracker
- Maintain a very well organized filing and documentation system, hard and soft copies, for all procurement processes document including PR, Quotation, POs/Contract, suppliers` delivery notes, and other documents related to supply chain and logistics under the guidance of the procurement coordinator;
- Prepare Requests for Quotations and collect quotation from suppliers, compare offers and submit CBA to procurement Coordinator;
- Market survey to update prices for various program and non-program items
- Update all trackers regularly; supplier ( vetted) tracker, price list, and procurement tracker and submit to supply chain manager by 5th reporting month
- Update and monitor FWA`s tracker/Contracts and inform the line manager well in advance for contracts/FWAs ending in next three months
- Participate in the procurement and Tender committee meeting under recommendation of the information Coordinator
- Work Closely with procurement Coordinator, to provide support in local medical procurements
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Prepare documents to make payment requests to finance department and Ensure that the supplier payment transferred to vendors on time and keep the transfer letter in that particular procurement file.
- Scan all procurement and payments documents and record the soft copies in appropriate HDD in consultation with information coordinator
- Ensure that principle of transparency and accountability are always;
- Ensure that supplier database is updated and submitted to Supply chain manager by 5th of every month
- Ensure to tracker all waivers in the country in the waiver tracker
- Contract management for all active contracts
- Any other Task assign by line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive experience in managing others
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player
- Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with skills in English
- Good self-starter with effective time management skills
- Strong skills in coordinating and collaborating with others in partnership
- Positive, solution-driven, respectful and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
- Experience working in humanitarian emergencies across multiple areas of Afghanistan
- Previous experience in NNGOs/INGOs, UN etc.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.