Position Title: Camp Management Assistant - Receptionist
Activation Date: 25 May, 2023 Announced Date: 25 May, 2023 Expire Date: 07 June, 2023
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per NRC salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum 2 years’ Experience in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably in community services or community engagement and mobilization, protection, community capacity building, or related field with international NGOs.|
|Contract Duration:||Till 31 Dec 2023 (extendable)|
|Education:||Bachelor Degree in literature, Law & political science and business administration.|
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
The purpose of the Community Centre Receptionist is to assist in the day to day implementation of Community Centre Activities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide administrative support for staff welfare programs/activities.
- Responsible for all reception duties related to NRC Mazar community centre, including welcome visitors, answering phone and taking messages.
- Responsible for booking the meeting room and ensuring that it is kept in order, preparing the communication equipment and procurement of refreshment/lunch when needed.
- Responsible of keeping files organized, scanned and archived.
- Keep contact list for all national staff updated at all times.
- Carry out any other tasks requested by Line Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in literature, Law & political science and business administration.
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably in community services or community engagement and mobilization, protection, community capacity building, or related field with international NGOs.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of Ms. Office package.
- Good knowledge of English and fluency in local languages.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below link:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the NRC People site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
We do not have to inform all the candidates. Only those who closely meet the job requirement will
Online Application Form