Position Title: Operations Specialist
Activation Date: 28 July, 2021 Announced Date: 28 August, 2021 Expire Date: 08 August, 2021
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Reports to: Director TAGHIR
TAGHIR directly responds to the 2017-2021 Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system” and the objective of “Establishing, maintaining and improving professionalization (of the civil service)”. The ANPDF highlights the need for Afghanistan to establish a civil service that is responsive to national development needs with balanced participation of Afghan men and women. The ANPDF notes that Afghanistan must overcome a legacy of patronage and corruption that has led to large numbers of unqualified staff in the civil service. Reforms must uproot deeply embedded practices and convince powerful political figures that the interest of Afghanistan is best served by building a professional civil service that creates more value than it consumes.
The appointee will manage and coordinate the day to day coordination of Project activities and functions of the TAGHIR project. The scope of this responsibility focuses on daily operations implementing agreed annual work plans, reporting on the results of the project, assuring that financial and human resources are used according to required financial and human resource management procedures, and publicly presenting information and promotion of the project to public, government institutions, donors, and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Support the Director in effective and transparent project management, including provision of information to board of commissioners and working with consulting firms.
- Manage and coordinate TAGHIR project operations, in order to implement work plans supporting progress toward the TAGHIR goals and objectives.
- Liaise with LMAs as needed in support of achieving the strategic goals and objective of the TAGHIR.
- Prepare reports as and when necessary to meet TAGHIR requirements, in order to measure performance against plan, to monitor work plan progress, and to ensure efficient and accountable administration in coordination with HRD of IARCSC.
- Engage and inform TAGHIR collaboration/communication in respect to project statistics regarding TAGHIR employment matters and responsibilities.
- Support Director TAGHIR by providing fast and responsive administration that supports operations.
- Ensure that timely resources are released to permit project functioning as required and for LMAs to implement their TAGHIR commitments as per agreed benchmarks.
- Ensure that the TAGHIR external communications are comprehensive, up-to-date, useful, and accurate, using the IARCSC website, email and other available and efficient modes.
- Ensure the monitoring and periodic evaluation of the performance of LMAs in achieving agreed results, and accountability in their use of resources provided.
- Review and assess the performance of all LMAs against criteria including any lack of compliance with or excelling at TAGHIR principles, the quality and extent of participation in TAGHIR reforms, internal and external support for TAGHIR implementation, the degree of genuine reform.
- Any other duties as required by supervisor in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, BBA, General Management or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experiences with Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with donors and international agencies at the operational, strategic and programmatic levels is considered an asset.
- Experience successfully managing numbers of civil servants.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
- Knowledge of modern approaches to use of computers in administration, data management, reporting, and communication.
- Strong analytical, finance, and management skills.
- Computer skills in MS. Office.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet minimum requirements for this post are requested to please
Send their applications with curriculum vitae to the following email addresses: