Position Title: Project Officer
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 25 September, 2021
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
CARE invites applications from Qualified Afghan Males candidates for its Kabul Main Office based position of Project Officer. Those with Internet access can email their completed CARE Standard Job Application forms (CARE application form is attached) along with their update CVs and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The PO is overall responsible for implementation and reporting, provision of support to the Men’s Engagement activities in KWA target areas in case detection/referral, encourage and facilitated men supportive groups, men champion groups and role model men participation and involvement in decision-making process, establishing linkages between KWA and local authorities, government non-government agencies and other relevant stakeholders and service providers. In addition, this position is responsible for mapping and identification of charity organization, and facilitate the communication and relation with Microfinance Associations, Private Sectors, Project’s Stakeholders, target communities and business institutions for the purpose of resource mobilization for KWA and Men groups.
1.1. Facilitate and implement Male Engagement component
- Developed the concept of Male engagement to KWA and male group champions
- Identify and orient men champions and role models from male groups
- Facilitate and conducting of training sessions for male groups
- Monitor the male supportive, men champion groups meetings and activities
- Implementation guidelines around the male engagement, advocacy, communication and mobilization are in place,
- Facilitate the process of male group establishment, champion men and role model man from the existence male groups.
- Trains and support men on the benefits of gender equality, EMB and of non-violent relationships at the household level
- Supported men as a role model to engage in public outreach and advocacy activities
- Facilitated and guided male groups to engage religious leaders to deconstruct harmful masculinities using religious teachings
- Support and build the capacity of male groups to attend forums and events to share their achievements and success with greater focus on promotion of women peace and security
- Data entry and database keeping of update male groups
1.2. Network building/ Implement project activities
- Contribute to identify potential new strategic partners, service providers and networks to interface with KWA; and men groups
- Closely work with KWA members to promote linkages of KWA members with various service providers; and male groups
- Support project supervisor in organizing group discussions with the identified members and networks on the implementation of the Strengthening KWA project strategy;
- Conduct evidence-based advocacy through developing and applying knowledge’s out of community score card, researches and social norm changes and sharing with relevant government stakeholders, civil society organization, country office, CMP.
- He/she is expected to carry out planned Male Engagement, communication and advocacy activities aligned with CARE polices together with Implementing Partners, Second tier CSOs, Community Advocacy Groups and other national NGOs to achieve Advocacy objectives as per the theory of change articulated.
- Share lessons learned and best practices with colleagues, ensure dissemination of information within the team and in the organization.
- Support CSOs to identify and train male advocates and champions at different levels (community and national) to continuously speak up to advocate for gender equality and the empowerment of women
- Support CSOs to mobilize men and set up platforms of men against GBV at the community level, that can be used as advocacy platforms for messaging and engagement in the promotion of gender equitable norms, and prevention of EVAW/GBV/SRHR
Bachelor degree of (social Science), Education, Political science, Business Administration, Economics and any other related fields.
4-5 years of relevant work experience with NGOs in program/project implementation
Languages: Fluency in written and verbal English, Dari or Pushto languages
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to email@example.com before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line (Project Officer Ex-60-2021) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Female candidates and People with Physical Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for an Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse), and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities highly encouraged to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)