Position Title: Finance Coordinator - Support
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 21 September, 2021
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator – Support is to implement delegated area of responsibility. He will be responsible for budgeting, financial reporting, maintaining of master budget and overall budget management.
Generic responsibilities :
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Prepare all financial donors reports.
- Facilitate monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports with budget holder and follow up on action points.
- Assist budget holder in preparation of budgets (Draft budget).
- Maintain Master budget update.
- Check and verify NRC Afghanistan payrolls before payments are made.
- Assist Area Managers in preparation of field Z costs and ensure that these costs are correctly charged.
- Be proactive in communication with donors to ensure that new donor requirements are taken on board.
- promote exchange of information and cooperation with relevant department in main office as well as with Project managers and coordinators
- Support the team when needed.
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures (Finance).
- Support project staff in financial matters (Finance).
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area (Finance).
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
Specific responsibilities :
- Ensure that budgeting, financial reporting and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the programme to the Finance Manager, Head of support unit, Programme Director, Area Managers, Programme Managers, Project Coordinators and the head office (HO) in Oslo.
- 3-5 years of Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Bachelor degree in Economic, BBA , Management or any other relevant field is required.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.