Position Title: Community Mobilizer
Activation Date: 18 July, 2021 Announced Date: 15 July, 2021 Expire Date: 22 July, 2021
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
Scope of work:
They will work at IDP settlements, disaster affected and host communities, mobilize community people and IDPs, community leaders, people with disability, elderly and CDCs and will facilitate GBV, child protection, psychosocial support and referral services, community dialogue and awareness campaign on health/hygiene/GBV/child protection issues as per guidance from Protection/GBV Officers.
- Ensure that the project activities are absolutely clear to the members of the community.
- Mobilize the beneficiaries to participate in the project according to the agreement made with them.
- Identify and train the community shura members, religious leaders school teachers and other community influencers on basic concept of GBV
- Conduct GBV Awareness sessions in the community with cooperation of community elders and community influencers.
- Propose solutions to the problems encountered.
- Organize workshops and meetings when necessary.
- Monitor the progress of the project at the community level
- Write a weekly activity report
Leadership: Has the ability to engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem solving: Provides solutions to problems.
Research: Researches, analyzes and seeks information to respond better to his/her work and projects.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (peers, supervisors, employees, colleagues in mission, etc).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine. Has the adaptability to live and interact with project staff in mission province. Has the capacity and ability to live and / or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project execution and project monitoring systems. Also has the ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and other team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Focus on the Client: Seeks to understand problems from the clients’ point of view, identifies clients’ needs and finds appropriate solutions.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology as well as to different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Proactively: It requires the capacity to take initiative in the development of technical and creative actions which improves results.
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or can be deployed in anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with security department.
- Graduated from high school or above institutions and have experience in the relevant field of community mobilization, community engagement etc.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in protection and GBV and community base programs.
- Good knowledge on community dynamics, power structures and socio-cultural in the conflict torn areas
- Good coordination, networking, inter-personal and relationship building skills, and diplomacy.
- Good communication and liaison skills with community and all staffs.
- Good capacity and analysis of conflict management in order to provide advises to the population.
- Written and spoken English is a plus.
- To be able to propose solutions to the identified needs.
- Flexibility is requested regarding the working hours and the live in community after the working hours.
- Dynamic to motivate the team
You are kindly requested to send your written CV or resume through email and mention the vacancy number, province and title of the position in the subject line. Application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test. Interested candidates should send their application to the following email address:
Important: To ensure an open, transparent staff selection process pleases certify in your application form that I have no relative or personal relationship with International Medical Corps employees if yes, please disclose the Name, Position and Relation, otherwise your CV will be not considered for shortlist
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.