Position Title: Guard
Activation Date: 19 September, 2021 Announced Date: 16 September, 2021 Expire Date: 25 September, 2021
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
This position is responsible for the physical protection of SC-US personnel and propertiesKEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Protect SCI personnel, guests and property.
- Screen all guests prior to entering SCI property / premises.
- Prohibit any unauthorized personnel/vehicles to enter into SCI premises.
- Inspects all locks, doors, gates and windows regularly and report any irregularity to the supervisor.
- Maintain and replace any burn out lights, batteries, lanterns and other items when needed.
- Maintain gate log book for all incoming/outgoing visitors and staff members after late office hours.
- Keep clean the Driveway, Parking and Gate area.
- Patrol Grounds every hour.
- Say alert at all times.
- Report suspicious incidents immediately.
- Follow all security procedures as instructed.
- Should be well literate (able to read and write), preferred school graduated and above
- At least 2 years of Previous experience as guard with I/NGOs. And other similar organizations
- Ability to have basic access to computer
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous work experience as guard
- Physically strong and alert, aged below 40 years
- Ability to have basic computer skills
Additional job responsibilities
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (21000507) in the subject of their email before closing date 25 September 2021
* Letter of Interest and Update CV as a single document
* SCI application form: http://www.acbar.org/upload/1572430756959.docx
- Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse