Position Title: FSL Assistant
Activation Date: 14 October, 2021 Announced Date: 14 October, 2021 Expire Date: 23 October, 2021
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI - Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The Livelihood Officer with support from Livelihood Project Coordinator will implement the livelihood activities planned under Save the Children’s ECHO grant. The post holder along with livelihood assistants will closely work with project beneficiaries to provide beneficiaries with capacity building and livelihood assistance.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- . Provide support FSL project officers in selection and verification of project beneficiaries.
- S/he will be responsible for identification and registration of beneficiary households for receiving livelihood support.
- FSL project assistant will be responsible for daily and weekly reporting to FSL project officer.
- Coordinate with respective community members and project beneficiaries for implementation of the activities.
- Support project coordinator in the term of having filling and hard documentation.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor that are within the general scope of the described responsibilities.
- Any other project related tasks given by line supervisor
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
- Ensure that all projects are equipped with MEAL systems like quality benchmarks, billboards, posters to exhibit MEAL messages for activities
- Ensure action plans from quality monitoring and accountability systems are generated and implemented in timely manner collaboration with MEAL team
- Contribute to generation of lessons through finalizing issues for Operations Research and participating in lessons learnt workshops and provide report.
- Ensure that projects are reported against the M&E Plan
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Graduate from university
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong expertise in livelihood programming for returnees and IDPs
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions, and communities.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English and local languages, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office);
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.