Position Title: Community Nutrition Screener
Activation Date: 25 November, 2021 Announced Date: 25 November, 2021 Expire Date: 06 December, 2021
About Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
Responsibilities and particular assignmentsمسؤلیت ها و وظایف مشخص
The Community Educator will go to the catchment area of the Mobile Health Teams and will provide health education regarding the nutrition and other health topics to the community.
She will be responsible for the cooking demonstration and raising awareness on the preparation of healthy food for different age group prople considering the Afghanistan food based dietery guideline.
Objective 1 : Providing health education on nutrition and health topics
- She will organize the health education sessions on daily bases in the community
- She will prepare the health education plan including more important tpics of nutrition and other health topics on monthly bases
- She will provide health education at community level based on the prepared HE plan
- She will ensure the availability of important IEC materials (flip charts, posters, leaflets, flip book….)
- Taking part in the implementation of the IEC materials at community level based on the MoPH guideline
- She will increase awareness of the community regarding health, nutrition and WASH topics
- Provide health, nutrition and hygiene education sessions in the community. Use existing IEC materials and provide better communication to the audience.
- Provide awareness on food preparation and perform cooking demonstration in the community
- Conducting nutrition education sessions on hygiene promotion practices, balanced food, promotion of Iodized salt, prevention of anemia, benefits of breast feeding, IYCF practices (Early initiation of breast feeding, Exclussive breast feeding, complementary feeding, Continuation of breast feeding up to two years or beyond,….), maternal nutrition, breast milk substitute (BMS) code and using of safe water at community level
- Conducting education sessions at community level on the causes of malnutrition, importance of Growth monitoring and promotion, prevention of malnutrition, information about those HFs where treatment program of malnutrition is persent
- Conducting health education sessions at community level on important diseases such as ARI, Diarrhea, communicable diseases (TB, Malaria, HIV AIDs, Hepatitis,…..), Improtance of different vaccines to the children and women
- Raising awareness of the community and risk communication about the COVID-19 and preventable measures, contact tracing, self qarantine, wearing masks, hand washing, applying social distance and so on….
Objective 3: Reporting
- She Registering and reporting all activities done at the community level including number of health and nutrition education sessions conducted, participants of each HE sessions by gender.
- She is responsible for providing all his activities reports and information to her line supervisor.
- Keeping record of health, nutrition and hygine HE sessions
- Reporting challenges of best nutrition practices in the community to her line supervisor
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
- Graduated from recognized institute of social science.
- Sensitivity to public health issues
- Willingness to carry out frequent field visits throughout Ningarhar/Kunar provinces
- Good geographical knowledge of Ningarhar/Kunar province is an asset
- Good communication skills
- 2 years NGO experience in the same field would be a significant asset…………………………………………
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.