Position Title: WASH Technical Liaison Officer
Activation Date: 25 November, 2021 Announced Date: 25 November, 2021 Expire Date: 08 December, 2021
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
To act as the link between World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) and national working groups, humanitarian clusters, and the donor community in Kabul in order to increase WVA’s profile at the national level. He / She will perform an active role in technical working groups in Kabul, presenting WV’s work and positioning WV for funding. The position will have a particularly strong focus on the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector. He will also support the WASH Sector Lead in identifying and communicating potential funding opportunities for WVA. In addition, he will support all the Sectors in submission of WVA MoUs to line Ministries, follow up and ensure to liaise with responsible sector leads for submission of necessary documentation for final approval.
I. Representation and Networking
- Attend national cluster meetings, technical working group meetings, and donor meetings. At these meetings, represent WVA interests including identifying potential funding opportunities, positioning for funding through the delivery of presentations, and communicating WVAFG strategic and operational level interests. A strong emphasis should be placed on WASH.
- Identify key engagement opportunities for WVA National Director (ND), Operations Director, Programme Manager (PM) and Sector Specialists to attend in Kabul.
- Under the guidance of the PM and technical specialists, represent WV Afghanistan at appropriate UN and NGO meetings and workshops; joint-agency assessments; and task force teams.
- Network and facilitate collaborative working relationships with INGOs and partners and act as main focal point between WVAFG NO and wider Kabul donor community
- support all the Sectors in submission of WVA MoUs to line Ministries, follow up and ensure to liaise with responsible sector leads for submission of necessary documentation for final approval
II. Project Development
- Under supervision of the PM and in coordination with the Grants Acquisition Officer and technical specialists, assist in preparing high-quality concept papers, proposals and project designs which meet World Vision and donor requirements. A strong emphasis should be placed on WASH.
- Work closely and support the Zonal WASH Advisors in project design, BoQ development and technical assessment processes for ensure project quality and guidelines are adhered to.
III. Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Assist the WASH Sector Lead and other Sector Technical Specialists in the preparation of donor reports, with a an integration of WASH.
- Assist Technical Specialists in the creation of impact reports that can be presented to donors at networking events, with a particular focus on WASH.
- Assist in coordinating and supporting Jroject Managers and sector specialists in the planning and undertaking of field assessments, technical and impact evaluations of current and ongoing projects.
- Support the WASH MEAL and Knowledge Management Specialist in donor reporting and updating of WASH reportHub in accordance to WASH Cluster reporting guidelines.
- Assist with additional duties as required.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of Afghanistan and WASH Sector interventions.
Required Professional Experience:
- Minimum four (4) years of development and/or relief field experience –– or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO
- Experience working on WASH projects, with an emphasis on engineering
- Experience attending technical working group meetings, cluster meetings, donor meetings etc.
- Experience working with major donor agencies – OCHA, USAID, EU, ECHO, DFID, GAC, DFAT, etc.
- Experience with information management systems
- Experience in project design and proposal writing for international donor agencies
- Design, monitoring and evaluation experience
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relating to WASH e.g. BSc Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation, Public Health and or Social Sciences among others
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate degree in relevant field
- Advanced written and oral English skills. Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English.
- Strong ability to identify people of influence and network with key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of WVA’s work in the WASH sector
- Strong understanding of WVA’s Area Integrated Programme (AIP) model Ability to provide WASH technical support to field programs
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Interpersonal sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team-building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and hardship conditions.
- Working knowledge of project design, monitoring and evaluation
- Willingness to travel as required
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan, with travel to Herat, Badghis, Ghor and Faryab when required and when relevant to job-related responsibilities.
The application closing date is 08-Dec-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to email@example.com.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1209) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
- Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1209) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنید