Position Title: Social Worker
Activation Date: 02 December, 2021 Announced Date: 02 December, 2021 Expire Date: 08 December, 2021
About Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation:
Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation, providing assistance and protection to vulnerable population worldwide. Tdh has been working in Afghanistan since 1995 and carry out projects related to Child Protection, Access to Justice, Mother and Child Health and Livelihood Programs in Kabul, Herat, Takhar & Nangarhar provinces
Under the direct supervison of the Project Officer, the socail worker should have an ethical and deontological approach, the social worker helps to create conditions of affected population’s children and their families to have the means to be active in their own development and to strengthen the social links and solidarity where they live.
In this context, the social worker acts with the children, families and their social environment.
- Improve their living conditions on a social, health, family, security, economical, cultural and professional level..
- Develop their own capacities to maintain or restore their self-reliance and help them fit in with society.
- Identification of the most vulnerable families for Cash assistance as per predefined selection criteria.
- Decide on the intervention methods together with the beneficiaries and their families.
- Take with them any action likely to prevent or overcome the problems of benficiaires and their families.
- Mobilise and strengthen the local authorities, the community and the community organisations to take care of vulnerable children.
- COVID-19 is highly considered while conducting awareness sessions , meeting etc, COVID-19 precautionary measures and Tdh guideline is applied.
- Support the implementation of the national Child Protection system.
- The beneficiaries are well aware about tdh & CdB project and its activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach work for the identification of vulnerable children and their families specific needs either to provide direct support or refer to service providers.
- Community child protection activities are carried out within the working area with adults and children.
- Collect information and individual record (follow-up forms, individual files, etc.)
- Develop good working relation with other aid agencies and the authorities in the working areas.
- Regular collection of information regarding case studies and success stories and highlight positive changes.
- Maintain good relation with communities and be aware of the sensitivity about the communities’ cultures and tradition.
- Referral of eligible children to specialized services/ external service providers.
- Identification fo the eligible families with protection needs ( shelter, livelihood, sanitation, food etc ) to provide with direct support or referral to services providers.
- Attend all required internal and external trainings and meetings
- Report on a weekly basis to the Line manager on the progress of his/her activities.
- Perform any other identical duty as assigned by line supervisor
- Together with the beneficiaries, implement an action plan and the methodology for the protection interventions
- Avoid dangerous mobility situations by avoiding non-essential or premature moves, favouring secure moves and facilitating the monitoring of the child being moved.
- Identify the support services, resources and organisations for protection which exist in his/her intervention zone and create a reference directory on child protection (partner visits, reference records, etc.)
- Be careful not to offend any child in the course of your work ( do no harm)
- Data collection and maintenance of records on the children database and shared with Data clerk.
- Become involved in community life and use his/her understanding of the phenomena of children's vulnerability to influence the local decision-makers.
- Child Protection: Use observation skills to detect any behavioral changes or specific vulnerability in children that may be reason for concern and share these observations with immediate supervisor and social workers team at joint weekly staff meetings to determine appropriate responses.
- Insure that all child protection related activities are in line with child protection minimum relevant standards, and enhance program / activities based on CPMS .
Safeguarding Policy ( Global Code of Conduct)
- Global Code of Conduct ( GCC ) Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Policy on the Protection from sexual exploitation and Abuse ( PSEA ) , Directive on staff misconduct at workplace and GBV, Operational Risk Management: Undertake to adhere to the Terre des hommes safeguarding policy and the principles connected to children's rights
- Undertake to ensure the best possible practical implementation of the safeguarding policy (Global Code of conduct) and the management of operational risks in his/her area of intervention and within his/her team.
- Make sure all volunteers, visitors sign / understand Tdh Clobal code of conduct at a glance and my commitment to child safeguarding.
Safety & Security
- Conduct field visits with the consent of line manager who check the security of the area prior.
- Report instantly if you observe any security threat, heard any report any suspicion , rumors about the safety of the staff and its beneficiaries
- Strictly follow Tdh security policy and regional security plan.
- Ensure and facilitate prompt sharing of information and action on all events relating to security issues
- Minimum High school graduation, preference will be given to Bachelor
- Minimum 3 years work experience in related field
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Supports and advises colleagues
- Adapts communication to the intercultural environment
- Respect for others
- Well aware of the community of good and bad practices including the context of working and adopting oneself to the community norams.
- Experience in applying Behavior Change Communication models.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in Pashto, Dari and English, including representation, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience in Terre Des Homes, or other international NGOs are an asset
Please click on bellow link to apply: