Position Title: Capacity Development Officer
Activation Date: 25 November, 2021 Announced Date: 25 November, 2021 Expire Date: 09 December, 2021
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods, and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with a particular focus on women, girls, boys, and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Capacity Development Officer (CDO) is responsible for direct reporting to CDMU Manager and contributing to the capacity development of all SCA’s target groups among civil society and local government authorities in Afghanistan. The Capacity Development Officer will also work with the administration of grants to civil society partners. The post holder works in close collaboration with relevant Programme staff at RMOs and the Civil Society and Capacity Development Unit staff at KMO.
- Facilitate effective capacity development of all SCA’s target groups, with a specific focus on organizational development (vision and mission, leadership and management, financial management, human resource management, stakeholder relations, communications and advocacy, mobilization, technology utilization, and others).
- Adhere to SCA’s guidelines for capacity development of target groups.
- Support and mentor Programme staff at RMO that works with capacity development of target groups.
- Ensure that SCA’s methods and tools for organizational development of target groups are used correctly by Programme staff at RMOs that work with the target groups (CSOs/CBOs/LGAs).
- Administration, including financial, in relation to capacity development of target groups.
- Monitor progress of capacity development interventions with target groups, following RBM.
- Organize and conduct organizational assessments and capacity development interventions with target groups (CSOs/CBOs/LGAs).
- Contribute to learning and internal and external reporting related to capacity development.
- Promote gender equality and non-discrimination in SCA’s work with capacity development of target groups.
- Administration of grants to civil society partners, including assessment of proposals and reports.
- Monitoring of granted projects to civil society partners.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in BBA, BPA, or equivalent. The Social Sciences is preferable.
- 2 years experience, especially in capacity development of civil society and/or local government authorities in an international NGO or similar organization. Experience from the administration of sub-grants is an asset.
- Experience from facilitation of training and coaching partner organizations is an asset.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari, working knowledge of English
- Ability to travel frequently to project sites within the districts and or provinces.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team worker and troubleshooting skills
- Honest, proactive, and well-mannered.
- Open to Afghan nationals only
- SCA actively promotes and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (Capacity Development Officer– HRM/JRMO 77-21) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman, or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references are not needed to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test/interview.