Position Title: Finance Officer - Taxation
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 21 September, 2021
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Finance officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. He/ she will be responsible for overall management of tax related matters in NRC.
Generic responsibilities :
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Be responsible for preparing monthly and annual tax report to ministry of finance.
- Be responsible for all tax calculation according to Afghanistan tax Law.
- Be responsible for sharing new changes in the Afghanistan tax law with NRC field offices on timely basis.
- Be responsible to verify payment according to the contracts, NRC policies and ensure that Afghanistan tax legislation is followed.
- Responsible for Checking of NRC payrolls to ensure tax compliance and in line with the government policies.
- Be in close dialogue with HR, Logistic Kabul and NRC Field offices on Payroll and tax issues.
- Make sure NRC Afghanistan complies with laws and regulations regarding finance and accounting, and to prepare payments of all tax liabilities on time.
- Responsible to reconcile tax account of NRC on monthly basis.
- Be responsible to maintain NRC filling system both hard and soft, specially record of tax payments.
- Participate in the tax relating meetings/workshop organized by ACBAR or Government.
- Facilitate the tax audit from Ministry of Finance or Tax authorities of Afghanistan.
- Make sure that Field offices are supported when needed in tax and other financial matters.
- Responsible to get TIN form for all NRC staff.
- Ensure that all tax calculations are done according to Government rule and all the payments tax report and other tax processes take place in adherence to Government rule, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
- Provide up-to-date tax report to NRC offices and maintain proper filling system both in hard and soft.
- 3 years Experience from working as Finance Officer - Taxation in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Bachelor degree in Economic, BBA, Management or any other relevant field is required.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Behavioural competencies :
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.