Position Title: Midwife for NMTs (7 Positions)
Activation Date: 24 June, 2021 Announced Date: 24 June, 2021 Expire Date: 07 July, 2021
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all. HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are BPHS/EPHS in three provinces, GBV, nutrition, Malaria Control program, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
- Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and maternal nutrition Counseling of all mothers with a special focus on Pregnant and lactating mothers/women
- Giving Nutrition education to pregnant and lactating mothers of children receiving nutrition services
- Giving IYCF specific counseling to U2 children's' mothers
- Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished
- Meeting with community elders for community awareness and sensitization
- Conducting food demonstration sessions in community
- Giving specific counseling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
- Counseling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
- Encouraging mothers to receive Iron Folic Acid (IFA) during lactation and pregnancy.
- Support the Nutrition Officer in conduction all other nutrition activities such as Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and screening of children under five for acute malnutrition.
- Provision of ANC and PNC services
- Health education to female and active facilitation of RCCE for COVID-19.
- Fulfilling all relevant registers and support documents.
- Regular reporting to the line manager
- Other task assigned by line manager
- Degree: Graduate from GIHS or recognized midwifery schools
- Experience: At least one year working experience in BPHS health facilities.
- Other skills: Knowledge of the local languages, good communication and counselling skills
- Ability to work in community.
- Good practical skills
- Good communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to email@example.com or submit hard copies of application letters along with CVs to HealthNet TPO kunnar office.
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;