Position Title: Cook (Guest House)
Activation Date: 27 July, 2021 Announced Date: 27 July, 2021 Expire Date: 14 August, 2021
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labour Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The objective of the Cook position will be to prepare or warm meals for MSH staff occupying guest house.
- Work in guest house Saturday from 10:30 am- 8:00 PM, Sunday - Thursday, from 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Assist Senior Cook as needed in any preparations for the next day or cleaning of kitchen.
- Prepare meals (lunch and dinner) on Saturday and in absence of Senior Cook
- Other days, heat up meals prepared earlier for team
- Prepare dining room for dinner,
- Clean and sanitize kitchen and dining room after dinner & empty trash.
- Prepare ingredients for meals such as : wash vegetables, chop season vegetables & meat, etc.
- Squeeze juice
- Prepare oven, utensils, and grill for meal preparation.
- Follow food health and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Store all food properly and monitor expiration dates.
- Keep record and reorder stock and food supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional cook position for foreign staff.
- Experience working in an environment similar or closely related to iNGO type of work.
- Must speak English
KNOWLEDGE AND SKLLS:
- Knowledge of food health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of recipes and the ability to follow recipe instructions.
- Ability to operate and maintain all kitchen appliances.
- Good ethical conduct
- Medically fit
- No criminal record
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. While applying to his vacancy, please make sure you submit your application with your own complete name.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.