Position Title: Dispensing Optician
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 30 September, 2021
About International Assistance Mission (IAM):
The International Assistance Mission (IAM) is an International Non-Government Organization registered in Switzerland (registration #CH-660-1239000-6) and Afghanistan (registration #001). IAM is one of the oldest NGOs in Afghanistan.
IAM established the NOOR (National Organization for Ophthalmic Rehabilitation) Eye Care Programme in 1966 with the goal of providing high quality and affordable access to eye care to the people of Afghanistan.
Purpose of the organization
The International Assistance Mission (IAM) is serving the people of Afghanistan through capacity building in the sectors of Health and Economical Development.
Describe your project here.
NOOR Eye Care Training Centre is a project of IAM which provides affordable eye care service and training of eye care professional for the people of Afghanistan
1. Assist customers by giving prompt, courteous and professional services, assist them in selection of frames and lenses.
2. Accurately complete all required paperwork.
3. Accurately measure and order customer spectacle
4. Dispense optical eyewear in accordance with professional standards, guidance, and all prescriptions in different frames and with different lenses such as: full rimmed, rimless, semi rimless, wire frames, simple lenses, bifocals, trifocal, progressive and prismatic lenses.
5. Achieve established sales and customer service goals and objectives.
6. Perform repairs, adjustments of spectacles as needed; verify accuracy of completed eyewear.
7. Handle customer questions and concerns in professional and courteous manner.
8. Maintain and continually develop professional dispensing skills and knowledge.
9. Protect all organization assets, including inventory and equipment.
10. Maintain good working relationship with other employees.
11. Demonstrate dedication to honest and ethical business practices according to IAM values.
12. Travel and work in other NOOR optical facilities for a short period of time as needed.
13. Helping with NCA optical stock departments as needed.
14. Every experienced employee is responsible to cooperate and train the subordinate staff, OTTP students and other people that are outside the program and coming for training
15. Assist other staff and perform other hospital duties as requested
• Sales/Customer service experience
• Basic knowledge of mathematics
• Good knowledge of optical dispensing and market
• Possess excellent oral communication skill
• Having bachelor degree
• Being Ophthalmic Technician will be privilege
• Familiarity with computer and using Microsoft office’s program specially Excel.
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari and Pashto.
• At least three-year experience in dealing with customers as optician
Submission guidelines / Contact information
Send the soft copy of your application and CV to email address:
Email. Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in the subject of your email: NETC Optician
Send a hard copy of your application and CV to:
Darulaman Road Next to Cure Hospital, NOOR Eye care Training Hospital
Please note – ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED
More info: +93799354796
Please call only on formal time.