Position Title: Officer, HR (Re Announced)
Activation Date: 15 September, 2021 Announced Date: 15 September, 2021 Expire Date: 22 September, 2021
About Aga Khan Education Services, Afghanistan:
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and non-formal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment.
AKES Afghanistan (AKES,A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2004. Ever since, AKES,A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES,A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several Area Offices.
AKES,A is determined to establish the Aga Khan Early Learning Resource Center (AKELRC) in Kabul in 2021. The AKELRC will be a flagship ECD program serving as the national AKDN ECD Resource Center for early years and family programs in the country. The AKELRC, upon becoming a center of excellence for government, development partners and the private sector, will continuously create traditional and alternative professional development tools, resources and opportunities for ECD teachers and practitioners at the national level. Finally, the AKELRC will move up the AKES,A ECD program expansion and program reform agenda through providing technical and programmatic support to a wide network of ECD centers (through Hub and Spokes Model) in eight provinces of Afghanistan.
Regional HR Officer is responsible to assist in overall HR related activities for smooth functioning of day-to-day activities at regional level.
- Ensure that all recruitments take place as per policy and proper documents are collected and maintained before the staff is hired.
- Maintain the personnel files of all regional staff and ensure that it is updated as changes occur.
- Complete and send a copy of personnel files of new recruited staff to the Central Office (CO) HR Department.
- Collect, distribute and keep the records of all regional staff ID cards.
- Send the payroll advice to the CO HR Department as per the agreed time lines with maximum accuracy and maintain the record in regional office.
- Maintain the detailed database of all regional staff and update as per new joiners and leavers.
- Ensure that all regional staff are appraised fairly and in coordination with Regional Management, all performance appraisal forms are accurately filled and submitted to CO HR for further process.
- Update the leave records of the regional staff and send the reports to the CO HR Department as per the agreed time lines.
- Maintain the attendance management and leave records of all staff in the Region.
- Ensure that all regional staff have TIN (Tax Identification Number) forms and the numbers are recorded in the staff database.
- Timely report of any misbehavior, misconduct or violation of institutional policies to Regional Management and CO HR.
- Conduct HR training and/or orientation to the new coordinators and staff as required.
- Ensure that all regional HR activities are in compliance with AKES, A HR policy.
- Frequent field visits to operation areas.
- Any other related tasks assigned by supervisor/CO HR Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in in HR management field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Experience of working with HRIS is preferred
- Good knowledge of labor law and compliance requirements in Afghanistan
- Fluent in English language
- Advance knowledge and skills of using computer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari
- Proficiency in MS Office
To apply for the position you are required to fill the online application through the below link. Please make sure you mention correct vacancy number and position title while filling the form through online platform, otherwise your application will not be considered for the position.