Position Title: Internal Auditor
Activation Date: 02 December, 2021 Announced Date: 02 December, 2021 Expire Date: 12 December, 2021
About Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI)
PU-AMI (known globally as Première Urgence Internationale, PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. PU-AMI’s teams are committed to support vulnerable communities and populations, those marginalized, hit by conflict, natural disaster or economic downturns. PU-AMI’s main objective is to contribute to reduction in morbidity and mortality, and provide emergency relief to those in immediate need in order to help them regain their dignity.
Afghan mission is the oldest of PUI missions, with the first medical intervention launched in 1979 just after the Soviet troops crossed the country’s borders. PU-AMI teams currently deliver the integrated health care, combined with nutrition, psychosocial support; water, sanitation and hygiene (wash), as well as trauma services. The organization implements projects mainly in eastern parts of the country, and increasingly in the South-East Region. Since the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, PU-AMI has also positioned itself as one of the main actors in preparedness and response to the pandemic, implementing health and wash-cantered activities at health facilities and community level in Kabul and beyond.
Globally, PUI provides assistance to around 6 million people in 23 countries and across 5 continents: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
PU-AMI (که در سطح جهان به نام PUI پی یو آی شناخته میشود) یک اداره غیردولتی، غیرانتفاعی، غیرسیاسی و غیر مذهبی مدد رسان بین ا لمللی میباشد.
تیم های PU-AMI متعهد به حمایت و کمک جوامع و جمعیت های آسیب پذیر به انهاییکه در اإثر منازعات- حوادث طبیعی و رکود اقتصادی منزوی شده اند میباشد. هدف عمده PU-AMI کمک در کاهش مرگ و میر -کمک عاجل به اعاده و بازیابی حیثیت ووقار انهاییکه در نیاز فوری قرار دارند میباشد.
ماموریت افغانستان قدیمی ترین مآموریت (PUI) پی یو آی بوده و با اولین مداخله در بخش صحی در سال1979 فقط درست بعد از عبور نیروهای شوروی از مرز های کشور آغاز شد.
تیم های PU-AMI در حال حاضر مراقبت های صحی ادغام یافته همراه با تغذیه حمایت روانی اجتماعی-آب-نظافت و حفظ ا لصحه wash و خدمات تردیدات یا تروما را ارایه میدارد.
این اداره عمدتآ پروژه ها را در بخش شرقی کشور و بطور فزاینده در مناطق جنوب شرقی کشور از زمان شیوع COVID-19 در 2020 تطبیق مینماید .
PU-AMI همچنین منحیث بازیگر اصلی در آمادگی و پاسخ به بیماری همه گیر – اجرای فعالیت های صحی و wash در سطح مراکز صحی و جامعه در کابل و فراتر از آن موقعیت خود را تثبیت نموده است.
در سطح جهان موسسه PUIدر 23 مملکت جهان به 6 میلیون نفر در 5 قاره افریقا- آسیا- شرق میانه- امریکای لاتین و اروپا کمک مینماید.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Internal audit: He/she carries out regular, random or targeted checks to ensure compliance with the PU-AMI procedures. He/she organizes and coordinates the implementation of measures if necessary to ensure that the organization’s goals and objectives are met.
- External audit: He/she coordinates the preparation and conduct of external audits in coordination with the departments concerned of the mission and at HQ.
- Compliance: He/she ensures compliance with rules, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts or other requirements.
- Alert management : He/she is the mission focal point for PU-AMI ethical policy (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Protection, Anti-Fraud and Corruption policies). In this capacity, he/she receives formal complaints, convenes the committee in charge of conducting an investigation and coordinates the investigation.
- Risk management : He/she participates in the compliance analysis of situations impacting the mission as a whole, participates in risk monitoring with this regard and suggests mitigation measures.
- Training : He/he participates in the consolidation of audit information and dissemination to the Head of Mission and HQ. He/She provides training to national and expatriate staff, as required, in line with lessons learned from audits.
Objective 1: Carry out internal audits in accordance with the internal audit plan and standard procedures
- Prepare and implement an audit plan that identifies risks and priorities, in collaboration with all departments ;
- Carry out audits of documentation, internal and donor procedures and processes, at coordination and field level ;
- Coordinate the quarterly check according to the internal audit system;
- In general, ensure that the principles of accountability and transparency are at the heart of the mission's spirit and practices;
Objective 2: Coordinate and act as focal point for external audits
- Prepares and monitor an external audit plan; negotiate audit dates with auditors and donors;
- Is the focal point for field level auditors before, during and after the audit ;
- Prepares the external audits: present the Mission to auditors, shares the requests for documentation to the coordinators, centralizes the feedback and presents consolidated responses to the auditors, along with the support of coordinators ;
- Discusses issues and recommendations with auditors. He/She is involved in drafting the responses to the Management Letters (ML) of audits in coordination with other departments;
- Draft and submit to the HoM audit department an internal audit memo including the overall audit achievement as well as alerts and risks ;
- Capitalize on the challenges and lessons learned after each external audit.
Objective 3: Ensure the implementation of internal and external recommendations
- Prepare a follow-up of recommendations using the standard tool and share with the relevant department manager ;
- Establish and regularly update a follow-up of internal and external recommendations ;
- Share recommendations with relevant departments and discuss/establish an action plan for implementation with them ;
- Monitor the implementation of external and internal audit recommendations ;
- Suivre la mise en œuvre des recommandations des audits externes et internes ;
- Report on progress to the HoM ;
- As part of a formal and regular process, ensure that HQ recommendations are implemented, and report to the HoM and HQ Audit Manager.
Objective 4 : Compliance
- Ensuring that the mission standards are implemented as well as compliance with donor rules ;
- Monitor national legislation (tax exemption, social security, labor law) ;
- Ensuring compliance with tax laws and that tax and VAT exemptions are achieved in a timely manner ;
- Follow up on contentious cases (suppliers, staff).
Objective 5: Act as the focal point for the ethical framework
- Briefs all staffs of the mission on PUI-AMI’s ethical policies (Protection towards Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child protection, Anti-Fraud et Corruption) ;
- Is the focal point for all alerts raised on this regards ; and convenes those responsible for handling cases to form the committee and to discuss further actions ;
- Conducts an investigation for alert raised, reports back to the committee for guidance and decision ;
- Reports to the HoM about investigation mechanisms and investigation findings.
Objective 6: Contribute to the establishment of a culture of learning and quality
- Verify the knowledge and understanding of internal and donor procedures and processes and recommend trainings if necessary ;
- Carry out trainings / information sessions for the mission on audit, risks, donor guidelines and related subjects as required / requested ;
- Participate in the establishment and / or improvement of internal procedures and tools ;
- Brief all coordinators on the audit.
Required personal characteristics
- Rigor, neutrality and autonomy in actions
- Sense of responsibility
Pedagogical skills and conflict management skills
Adaptability to changing priorities, and to guarantee effective and timely outputs
Discernement and good analytical skills
Qualification/ Requirements تحصیلات و شرایط لازمه
• Bachelor Degree in business administration or any other relevant field.
• Certified Internal auditor (CIA)
• Another relevant training or certification will be asset
• 3 or more years of related experience, Finance, Logistic and HR.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience with an NGOs
• Excellent command of English and local language (Dari, Pashto)
• Advanced command of MS office suites (MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Strong organizational capacity
• Excellent knowledge of the local context, stakeholders, needs and available own network in communities
• Strong knowledge of INGO procedures
• Previous experience with PU-AMI would be an asset
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure to press submit at the end of the application.
No other type of submission will be accepted. Prepare your resume before applying, you will have to attach it. Please save your resume documents with you name.
Regarding PU AMI recruitment process, please note that!
- PU AMI will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- PU AMI commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- In case of any complaint please feel free to send your inquiries to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PU AMI may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Women application are strongly encouraged.