Position Title: Electric Mechanic
Activation Date: 23 June, 2022 Announced Date: 23 June, 2022 Expire Date: 10 July, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
- Using knowledge of electrical theory and concepts, and electronic fundamentals, equipment electrical systems technicians repair electric motors, electronic modules, motor control circuits, and electric power generation equipment.
- Troubleshoot digital/logic components/circuits and make organizational and intermediate level repairs on the electrical systems of engineer and general supply equipment.
- Diagnosing problems and making repairs following manuals, schematic diagrams, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Repairs include soldering connections and replacing wires, malfunctioning apparatus, and components, including some faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic parts on equipment.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, inspects and tests high- and low-voltage electrical equipment and power generators
- Determines when safe to work on equipment and when to return it to service.
- Inspects, maintains, and tests insulation for power circuits.
- Installs and maintains electric motors.
- Operates oxyacetylene welding equipment in welding, brazing and cutting work.
- Investigates trouble complaints from orthopaedic workshop and component workshop
- Secures installation to remove equipment from service, checks disconnect switches, and applies grounds to prevent injuries,
- Diploma in Electric Engineering, bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering will be preferred.
- 3-4 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation, experience on electric installation, wiring and maintenance is a must.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter through the Link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.