Position Title: Quality Assurance officer
Activation Date: 23 June, 2022 Announced Date: 23 June, 2022 Expire Date: 29 June, 2022
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Overall Objective of Quality Assurance Officer is to conduct programed Internal QA/QC visits of all operational teams in the operation fields and provide daily QA/QC reports to Quality Assurance Manager, with close coordination by operation officers, and support external QA visitors in the field. And has direct responsibility to QAM
- Produce a personal QA work plan for each mission for Quality Assurance Manager’s approval, or perform according to prepared plan by QM.
- Conduct inspections of all assets (Clearance teams, MDU, Survey, EOD and MRE) as tasked by the QM.
- Coordinate activities with field offices and support operation officers when required.
- Report all findings on minor and major non-conformities during QA inspections to the Quality Assurance Manager and Ops Department when required, after each field visit.
- Ensure accurate, timely and correct completion of conformity, non-conformity reports and accident investigations.
- Maintain high morale, motivation and discipline at work.
- Develop ideas for better and safer ways to accomplish the task.
- Respect and maintain all facilities and base equipment being used.
- Follow-up corrective and preventive actions on the previous non-conformities reported.
- Review the DRC-HDP, SOPs at all time, propose amendments to the QM if required
- Assist field operation staff, to decrease faults and improve clearance activities, according to DRC-HDP SOPs.
- During the duties, responsibility of coordination and communication with Quality Assurance Manager.
- Attend periodic QM meeting and workshop to improve new and update techniques and tools.
- Co-operate and assist DRC-HDP operation department, and operation officers when required.
- Identify any requirements for special or additional inspecting.
- Assist trainers during training sessions if required.
- Report all non-conformities that can be corrected on site to the satisfaction of QA Inspector, to SOO and QM.
- Debrief the TL of the worksite being monitored by discussing the non-conformities found and agree with the proposed corrective action. If TL cannot take corrective action, report to the QM, for further action.
- Always try to make the teams’ performance, more safe Effective and efficient.
- Keep updated records of internal inspections of all relevant teams.
- Coordinate and plan activities with external QMIT.
- Any other reasonable tasks outlined by Quality Assurance Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 4 years’ experience in the mine action program.
- 2 years’ experience in field management (command group).
- 2 years’ experience for QA/QC in the field.
- University Degree
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English -medium
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.